Every year Miami receives around 38 million visitors who come there on business and also to experience the shopping, sun and art for which the place is famous. Miami is a wonderful place with many local attractions and the best way to see the sights in Miami is when you drive around. There are many companies for car hire in Miami and it is best to stick to the ones that offer good rates as well as good customer support.
Car Hire Guide
Travelling abroad can be the same for an experienced traveler but there are a few points which the traveler usually overlooks while booking which could lead to extra payments later on. For example, once the trip has been scheduled, the travellers will book at the earliest but if you book in the off-seasons or even close to the off-seasons, then you can get bigger discounts. Look out for coupons and discounts and car rental companies will usually allow you to combine them for better rates. In case no such discounts are mentioned, ask the customer service department if any are available. Book ahead of time and never after arriving in Miami as then the car hire rates would be astronomical.
Who to Hire
Renting a car in Miami was never this easy as most of the rentals are on-site at the airport terminal itself and there are more just a few minutes away. Below are some of the car rental companies that are within the airport itself and they all offer good rates for the customer.
- Avis – Avis is known for the passion with which they serve each customer as they strive to give the best deal. When you enroll for the Avis Corporate Awards, you can save as much as 30% while on business trips. You can earn car rental points and Reward Day Certificates which can be redeemed, in addition to 5 points for just enrolling.
- Hertz – Hertz is reputed to be one of the oldest car hire companies, they are one of the most used car hire service by visitors.
- Thrifty – Thrifty has become famous by giving customers good rates to both the business traveler and to those on a holiday.
- Budget – There are many companies offering good deals for car hire in Miami but Budget is said to be one of the best. Budget is preferred by most customers as they keep the budget of the visitor foremost in mind while renting cars.
- Dollar – Dollar has made a name for itself by giving the customer exceptional service.
Drive by Attractions
Driving in and around Miami has been made easier through the implementation of cashless toll roads. You might just have to pay the car rentals the toll amount by choosing the opt-in option which makes your tolling automatic and then simply drive through the toll roads.
Dollar and Thrifty give you the option of choosing to opt-in and it is recommended as these charges are less than if you decide to pay later. Avis, Budget and Hertz will automatically include this so that you get minimal administrative fees.
Some of the sights to enjoy in Miami are as follows –
South Beach – Popularly known as SoBe, is a venue filled with activities and nightlife.
Bicentennial Park – this is a 30 acre park open to the public and it commemorates the bicentennial of the USA.
Villa Vizcaya – Visit the former villa of James Deering a businessman, which is now a popular museum.
Book a rental car in Miami through any of the following sites –